Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Trayvon Robinson - Home Grown Dodger

Photobucket

Trayvon Robinson is considered one of the most talented young players in the Dodgers’ farm system, but he’s unique in that he is one of the few who was born and raised in the city of LA. Trayvon grew up a Dodgers fan and is now hoping to become the next Dodger named Robinson to play for the big league club. MemoriesofKevinMalone.com has a brand new interview with Trayvon, below is an excerpt and a link:

People now have increased expectations of you, and some even want you to replace Manny Ramirez in 2011, does that kind of pressure affect you at all?

I don’t know. I mean, Manny Ramirez is a good player, and nobody should be saying that. I hope Dodgers fans wouldn’t want me to replace Manny Ramirez, but just be glad to have another Robinson in a Dodgers uniform (laughs).

I actually played with [Manny] when he came down to rehab, so that was fun, but to replace him is not something i’m thinking about (laughing). I’m just trying to get up there and play, you know? I’m just trying to get up there and be on a parade. I’m from [Los Angeles] so I want a parade.

No comments: